The Centre for Early Furniture and Art Ltd (“CEFA”) ("We", “Us”, “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Centre for Early Furniture and Art Ltd of Coach House Galleries Swinton Park, Swinton, Masham, North Yorkshire, England, HG4 4JH.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information from you and/or about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.cefa.auction (“Our Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Website, subscribing to Our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also collect information from you when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Us and when you report a problem with Our Website, give Us feedback, raise queries or make a complaint.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders including details of payment cards used.
- Details of your visits to Our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
We may keep information We learn about you from your use of Our services and your visits to Our Website and other sites accessible from Our Website. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers. This is statistical data about Our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Where We have given you login information which enables you to access certain parts of Our Website and information regarding your booking, you are responsible for keeping this login information confidential. We ask you not to share your login information with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to Our service.
We will use your information to provide and personalise Our services. We will also use your contact details to communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and news about Our products and services or those of other carefully selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and We or they may contact you about these by post, email, telephone (including SMS) or fax for these purposes.
Your data may be used for the following purposes: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification and screening, safety, security, health, administrative and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development, customer surveys, customer relations and to help Us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences.
If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We like to hear your feedback to help Us improve Our services. We may contact you from time to time by post, email, telephone or fax to ask for your opinions.
There may be instances where it may be necessary to communicate with you for administrative or operational reasons.
We may also use and analyse the information that We collect so that We can administer, support, improve and develop Our business.
The information that you provide to Us will be held in Our systems, which are located on Our premises or those of an appointed third party. We may also allow access to your information by other third parties who act for Us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you.
In order to understand how Our customers interact with the emails and the content that We send, We use pixels in the email in order to understand who has opened the message. In order to provide Our content in the most interesting way, We may also use pixels to learn whether you can receive emails in text or html form.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CEFA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are required to do so by government authorities or enforcement bodies for the purposes of ensuring compliance with any and all applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
- If you choose to accept any or all third party offers which, from time to time, We may make available on Our Website. In this event your billing and contact information may be made available to the third party who made the offer available to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own security and privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.